Sunday, November 13, 2011

Successful Concerts

UAHuntsville is celebrating two very successful choral concerts this weekend.  Both the Concert Choir and the Chamber Choir performed very well, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I hope that this impels them to work even harder and prepare even more for the next endeavor.  My standards never change, of course; well, they may get higher.  In fact, I encourage them always to make the next performance better than the last even if it's the same repertoire.  Nothing in life should remain stagnant, or worse, fall backwards.

I was especially proud of the Chamber Choir today and their performance of the Hindemith Six Chansons, and their interpretation of O'Regan's Threshold of Night.  We'll be singing both pieces at AMEA in January, and I'm very excited for the members of that organization to hear them.  It will be very exciting.

For now, though, I'm going to take a little break and have some dinner out with my husband.

Night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment